Fork Lift Truck Association Members Code of Practice
In order to ensure the highest standards of customer care, the Fork Lift Truck Association has ratified a Code of Practice. Members must therefore achieve and maintain defined standards of safety, efficiency and integrity. Only those companies abiding expressly by the terms of the Code, and passing inspection, will be accepted as Members of the Association Every member of the Fork Lift Truck Association must adhere to a Code of Practice. They must:
- Ensure trucks are delivered in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Satisfy themselves that the equipment is suitable for the intended application.
- Ensure only competent engineers service and repair trucks.
- Carry out regular servicing as per contract.
- Carry out all Health & Safety requirements including Thorough Examination as appropriate.
- Use a contract which has been approved by the Fork Lift Truck Association.
- Accurately represent facts relating to a contract. Ensure that the contract embodies all the express terms and conditions of the agreement. Respect confidential business information supplied to them in the course of their business.
- Have public liability and product liability insurance of at least 5 million pounds. Make available the insurance document for inspection.
- Behave with integrity and encourage such conduct by others in the business of hiring lift trucks.
- Transact business in such a manner as will reflect credit on that Member and the industry.
- Strive to improve their own competence and that of others in the industry.
- Exercise care in the day to day conduct of business relationships.
- Make available up-to-date records for inspection by a person authorised by the Fork Lift Truck Association.
- Deal promptly with all queries or complaints from a customer.